About four or five years ago, I created a Daniel Fast cookbook.
I look back at it now and think, wow! I can’t believe I created that. (Not in a good way! LOL!) It looks so simple and basic now, but I was probably super proud of myself at the time for getting it put together and published.
I mean, it’s simple, but it works!
Grab the Daniel Fast Cookbook here.
Anyway, I’ve decided it needs a
bit of an gigantic update. So I have challenged myself to recreate the recipes that I love from within it and add some new recipes to a 2.0 version of The Daniel Fast: 21 Days to Jump-Start Healing, Breakthrough & Weight-Loss because … it’s about time!
I will also be going through The Daniel Fast again myself so I can be re-inspired by the Daniel story from his friends’ journey through fire (literally) to his peaceful evening in the lion’s den. Why?
This guy’s heart for creating change through prayer, fasting and sacrifice. I’d love to be so noble!
But, in the meantime, I’m still trying to figure out how to be patient with my Mum when I’m tired (will I ever grow out of that?) and to avoid giving annoying drivers who cut me off (or drive too slowly – sorry!) a frustrated glare (I’m an imperfect human, y’all).
So, for now, here’s what I can bring to the table – a new 2-minute recipe video for lentil burgers. Bon Appetit!
First things first. This isn’t a recipe you’d be serving for guests because, I’ll be honest – lentil burgers are not the prettiest, most photogenic food!
Personally, I would give these vegan burgers a 4/10 for presentation and a 10/10 for taste!
I’ll add the recipe and instructions below for ease of reference, but please also check out the video above, like and subscribe to my YouTube channel so you can be informed of when I publish new content and honestly, so that I can be more motivated to create, complete and publish new content on a regular, consistent basis!
- Brown Lentils, rinsed and strained x 150g
- Vegetable broth x 300ml
- Olive Oil x 1 tbsp.
- Red Onion x1/2 (chopped)
- Spinach x 125g
- Walnuts x 80g (toasted in the oven for 5-6 minutes and finely smashed)
- Garlic Cloves x 2
- Oats (whizzed in food processor to a fine grain) x 125g
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel !
- Soak lentils for 1 hour or overnight.
- Wash lentils and then bring the lentils and vegetable broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the lentils are fully softened and the liquid is absorbed.
- Whilst lentils cook, toast walnuts in oven at 180C for 5-6 minutes. (Be careful as these can burn very easily and blackened walnuts ruin the overall taste of the burger!)
- Remove from heat and mash well with a potato masher.
- Head the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper until softened.
- Add the spinach, garlic, and cumin stirring until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the spinach mixture, breadcrumbs and toasted walnuts to the lentils and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grill, Bake or Fry on stove-top.
- Form the mixture into six 4-inch patties
- Preheat the oven or grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill or bake in oven on each side for about 5-6 minutes OR
- Fry in frying pan on stove-top on medium heat until browned on both sides.
(Recipe adapted from Food Network Kitchen)
1 thought on “A Healthy, Vegan Meal – Lentil Burger Recipe Video”