Birthdays are about celebrations, being thankful for the blessing of another year of life, and GIFTS! So here is my gift to you…
The January 3rd Challenge
Since my birthday is Jan 3rd (Happy Birthday to me), I selected 3 BIG challenges each relating to the number 26, 2 & 6 (for my age), all to be accomplished by January 31st. So here goes…
- Read 26 books. This will also be a challenge to see how many book reviews I can churn out. Check out my latest book review of Sir Richard Branson’s old but good book Business Stripped Bare, titled ‘5 Steps to Business Success with Richard Branson.’
- Jump a 26 centimeter personal best (Road to Rio focus!) The bigger the goal, the better!
- Save £2-6 per day. (That’s a cumulative amount of £62-186 per month & £730-2,190 per year if I maintain the good saving habit). Side note: I would love to save £26 per day/£790 PCM/£9,490 per year, but I’ll need to earn more first! (Maybe the latter should be my challenge still to force me to figure out workable wealth-creation strategies?) Hmm…watch this space.
After reading these challenges do you think I’ve got a chance at achieving them? Why don’t you join me and create your own Jan 3rd challenge?
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Read 2-6 books
- Lose/gain 2.6 kilos/lbs
- Arrive 26 minutes early/stay 26 minutes later at work
- Exercise for 26 minutes, 3 days a week
- Connect with 2-6 friends/family you haven’t seen in a while
If you plan to do any of the above challenges or create your own ideas, I’d love to hear what you’ve set for yourself so please share in the comments, tweet or email me.
Thanks for reading.