Thank you so much, Debra for nominating me for the newbie blogger Liebster Award! I was humbled to receive the nomination. Here is a link to the answers she wrote in response to her Liebster Award nomination, I am Hit Girl!
I hope you enjoy my answers and learning a little bit more about me – Abigail Irozuru!
If you could visit a fictional world from a book or a film, where would you go?
Narnia! I loved The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe and my brother owned the whole C.S. Lewis series when we were growing up so I got to read them all. I would love to meet Aslan and live a life in a world where time literally stands still on Earth, then return home as if nothing ever happened!
You have to change your first name, what will you call yourself?
Gertrude. No, I’m kidding. Something sparkly like Diamond or Paris or Angel.
There’s a knock at the door, your heart skips a beat and your stomach is all a quiver – who is at the door?
My fairy godmother! Does this have to be real, or can it be fantasy? I’m picturing a Cinderella ‘you will go to the ball’ moment right now…
You can spend the day with any man or woman from history, who will you choose and why?
I’ve always struggled with this questions, and I have a different answer every time. Right now, I’d say: Boadicea, Warrior Queen of the Iceni. She was fierce, powerful, fearless and an incredible leader. (And I’ve just found out that her name means ‘Victory’!) I also would love to check out what life was like in England almost 2,000 years ago!
What one question will you definitely ask them?
What is your secret to fearlessness? (I’ll need that fearlessness and audacity when competing at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games!) Strong is beautiful.
You have to change your hair colour, it has to be one of the colours of the rainbow. What colour will you choose?
Purple or pink. I’ve actually wanted to do that for a long time. Stay posted 😉
Which song represents your personality?
‘Don’t worry, be happy…’ – That’s what I try to tell myself when life throws me a curveball.
I’m coming for dinner, what’s on the menu?
The Spinach & Avocado salad featured in my Fabulous Foodie blog series for a starter, baked chicken & jollof rice (a West-African rice dish) with fried plantain for a main, and banana cake/bread for dessert!
What smell do you love?
Cherries – you know the smell of the food for My Baby All-Gone?
Perfume? Alien by Thierry Mugler. Next time you’re by a perfume stand, ask for a spritz!
You are stranded in a lifeboat in the ocean, like in Life of Pi – which animal will you share your boat with and why?
A Siberian tiger. For no reason other than they are beautiful creatures. (Yes, it will most probably eat me!) Wait, didn’t the tiger turn out to be a representation of the protagonist in the end?!
My blog is called Cultivating Time – what quote or saying about time do you like?
‘There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.’ Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV)
The idea of the award is to recognise and promote new up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers (on WordPress).
My questions for my nominees are –
- What is the best book you have ever read and why?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- You’ve had the worst day imaginable. How do you perk yourself up?
- If you had to change one thing in this world, what would it be and why?
- You find the time travel machine from Back to the Future! Where would you go back (or forwards) in time to and why?
- If you had to choose between these two superpowers – invisibility and flying – what would you choose? Why?
- What is your favourite Disney movie?
- Name one thing you do or say to motivate you each day/week?
- Besides blogging, what other hobbies or pastimes do you enjoy?
- Where will you be spending Thanksgiving this year, and what are you most thankful for?
- My blog is about success, health and wellness. What does success mean to you?
I hope you like your questions.
For anyone new to the Liebster Award this is how it works –
- In a post – answer the questions that your nominator posted for his/her nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 new fun questions for your nominees.
- Give some love back to your nominator, include a link back to their blog and their post.
- You must nominate 5-11 bloggers.
Nominees – any questions, please just ask. There is no timescale to do this but please add a link to your new post below when you done it. The aim is to raise the profile of your blog. I’m looking forward to reading your answers.
Feel free to answer any of the questions from this post yourself, even if you have not been nominated this time. I would love to read some of your answers. Sorry I couldn’t nominate all my followers and blog friends.