My vision is to see every individual pursue their heart’s dreams; to create for themselves a heaven on earth filled with love, joy and an appreciation of God’s miracles daily. Hopefully, my blogs motivate, inspire and encourage you to do just that! Nobody should be afraid to dream BIG. Don’t allow the fear of failure to stop you from achieving your success. Love and enjoy life through an ever-thankful heart, and appreciate the beauty and miracle in each moment.
And when the going gets tough, keep smiling. These are the words I tell my spirit on a daily basis.
“Above all else, guard your heart for out of it flows the wellspring of life.” Proverbs 4:23
I purposefully place God first in every decision I make. Because who better to have on my side, guiding my every move, than the Creator of the universe, eh?
Other ABIGAIL IROZURU facts
- I am a female long jump athlete. I have competed for Great Britain internationally since 2007 as a junior. My senior debut for Great Britain was in January 2009 at the Glasgow International. I represented Great Britain again on a senior level at the European Championships in July 2012. In 2015 I jumped the qualifying standard to compete at the World Championships in Beijing. My next focus is to compete at the Olympic Games in 2016. Follow my Olympic journey on my Road to Rio 2016 page & Twitter @airozuru.
- I have suffered a lot of injuries. In June 2013 I had surgery to repair a rec fem tendon avulsion tear (basically, a quad tendon tear from the bone). The subsequent year (June 2014), I had a surgery for a completely different injury following an achilles tendon partial tear. One could say that luck is not on my side, but I personally know there is always a blessing in the lesson, and I just need to look closely enough to find it, and be thankful.
- I graduated from UCL (University College London) in 2012 with a second class Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree. I am originally from Manchester, but remained in London for two years following my graduation to continue training.
- I moved to Phoenix, Arizona in November 2014 to train at the World Athletics Center with lead coach, Dan Pfaff. After only two months in this new environment, I returned to England and showed the best competition form of my life. In February 2015, I was crowned British Indoor Champion with a PB leap of 6.73m, moved up to #4 on the British Indoor All-Time Rankings, and jumped the qualifying standard for both the European Indoor Championships and the World Championships in Beijing.
I unfortunately decided to pull out of the European Indoor Championships due to a hamstring tear I sustained two weeks prior to the competition.
- My likes: reading, writing, smiling, laughing, laughing uncontrollably, being happy, spending time with friends, jumping far, being in the sun, going on holidays in the sunshine, sleeping, relaxing in bed, thinking, reflecting, people-watching, Florida (Orlando & Miami)… this list could go on forever! Dislikes are boring, so I won’t share them here.
Anyway, that’s enough about me. Take a look at the rest of my website. Delve into the archives and read some blogs. They’re funny, serious, reflective, calming, motivating, inspiring…well I hope they are anyway!
P.S. As always, if you’d like to get in touch, drop me an email at email@example.com . And have an amazingly blessed day!